Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
THwack--CRASH
11,136 Posts
something about an axe......how does that go?

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Wow got pretty lucky actually. The angle of that deer and where he hit, he was lucky to get into the lungs at all. Another inch or 2 to the left and he would have gone in front of the arm bone and probably would have missed the vitals all together. Glad she went down quick though.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Wow got pretty lucky actually. The angle of that deer and where he hit, he was lucky to get into the lungs at all.
That was the first thing that I thought. Maybe shooter missed a bit left...or it was hard quartering away.

I'm a fan of erring AWAY from the shoulder.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
That was the first thing that I thought. Maybe shooter missed a bit left...or it was hard quartering away.

I'm a fan of erring AWAY from the shoulder.
Yeah he missed where I would have been aiming by about 6-8 inches with that amount of angle.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You don't even have to hit the deer to kill them with a Rage. :icon_salut: A clean miss would have killed that deer just fine. :wink:

·
Team Overkill
6,628 Posts
This is why rear deploy is superior for mechanicals. That was a shorter track job and with more blood than many small heads could accomplish even with a pass through. Got to love an easy track job.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
Tag

1 - 20 of 32 Posts