Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Big Game Boss XL treestands for several years. I think for the money they are a really nice stand, a bit heavy, but I don't move them around much.
My question for the others that use them is....Do you use the original strap that comes with them to attach them to the tree? In the past I have not, I cut the bracket from the strap, bolt it to the stand and then use a heavy duty ratchet strap.
Tonight I was putting 3 new ones together and got looking at the original strap and thought it doesn't look just too bad. I am going to try these 3 with the original strap on the top and put a ratchet on the bottom.
If you use the original straps I would like to hear how good or bad they seem to hold.

Thanks!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Iv got about ten of the Big Game stands just like yours and use the straps that come with them and have never had a problem.
They are rock solid once they are up,dont creak and are very comfortable to sit in!
Like you said they are priced right to where a guy can own a few with-out breaking the bank.:wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great Stand

Yeah I got one of the Boss XL's like you were talking about last Friday... The strap did worry me at first but after I set it up on a tree (at ground level first) it seemed rock solid. Call me chicken but I wasnt sure of the stap alone by itself, but it seems to hold great! ALTHOUGH I do plan on attaching an additional ratchet strap just for "GOOD MEASURE"!:wink: The factory strap on my Gorilla King Kong Lounger does look a little more "heavy duty" but I figure the Boss will hold me just fine................ Or atleast I hope?????:confused: Ha Heath

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
This year I got my first Boss XL stand and attached it to the tree with two ratchet straps because the strap it came with, wasn't long enough to reach around that humungous oak tree I put it in. But I would prefer to use the original strap. Why would you cut it off?? It's designed to be used that way.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 Ultras said:
This year I got my first Boss XL stand and attached it to the tree with two ratchet straps because the strap it came with, wasn't long enough to reach around that humungous oak tree I put it in. But I would prefer to use the original strap. Why would you cut it off?? It's designed to be used that way.
I just always felt better about using a strap that I can ratchet nice and tight. Just seems nice to be able to suck the stand into the tree nice and snug.

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I use additional ratchet straps on every hang-on style stand I set during the season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts