Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to write this ever since the Illinois ASA Pro-Am. I've been shooting Classic scopes for quite a while. I recently had a local gun smith "modify" my scope to fit onto a CBE sight much like other scopes on the market. I had him cut a square hole in the side of the scope about half the thickness so it would really lock into place. Well, after several hundred shots it worked it's way loose. I kept tightening the screw but it was no use. The scope just kept getting worse. Finally the ILL ASA was days away, and I was having to keep setting my sight after every shot. When I rolled into Metropolis, the first thing I did was go to the Classic Scopes booth and see Steve. I asked him to take a look at it and planned on spending money on a new housing. After he got it apart, we decided the guy who I paid to modify my scope should be shot and he got out a new housing from his stock. He then re-assembled my scope using a special method he came up with just for the CBE sight. When I reached for my wallet, he told me "you're all set." I said "what?" He told me he carries a lifetime warranty on all parts. I told him he couldn't do that and he told me; he not only could, he was doing it. After a couple of minutes and several pleas to take my money, I only got to give him my appreciation for his great product and his next-to-none customer service. If any body is looking for a scope, I would without hesitation reccomend Classic Scopes. Not only will you find it to be a superior product, the company really cares about it's customers. Thanks again Steve.

Darrin Fogg

·
Registered
738 Posts
PLEASE POST A PIC OF YOUR SCOPE WITH A CBE SIGHT, I AM USING THE SAME THING AND DONT SEE A PROBLEM,,,,,,I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MODIFIED IT?

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CWDHUNTER,

Sorry, I don't have a dig camera. It was not staying locked down. It would start to spin. So I had a square hole put in it to lock into the square windage block. Good in theory, but Steve's way is much better.

LX,

Hood's tried to take my $ before, and just keeps donating to my kids' college fund. :D

·
Extreme Opinionated One
45,336 Posts
I agree, Steve is a good guy to deal with and his stuff has always been tops in my book.

·
Registered
240 Posts
FoggDogg, can you explain what Steves way is? I swithced to CBE several months ago and the first thing one of my friends said was they had had trouble keeping the scope from turning. Havnt had a problem yet but it sometimes worries me. Thanks

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve's method is pretty simple, really. Instead of using a single scope rod, he uses two screws. One with a head on it inside the housing, and a long set screw on the back side. This way they are opposing each other inside the windage unit. So far, so good. I've got nothing but the highest praise for Steve @ Classic Scopes and for Sandy @ CBE. Two of the best products in our industry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts