Archery Talk Forum banner

Big Virginia buck down!

1892 21
this buck was tricky...I shot him last night at 6pm and actually heard him coughing about 75 yrds from my stand after the shot..It was a 20 yrd. quarting to me shot and I was in a tree stand. I gave him about 40 min last night before looking for him. He went into a pine thicket and ran some circles and my light went dead. Two good friends and myself headed up the blood trail this am and after 200+ yrds of tracking...Bingo! The shot was a little high but it hit a lung, he went about 350 yrds. before expiring. He bleed good and then would stop for a while, he did that several times in that span. Not by biggest, but the best tracking job to date!

Deer Landscape Goats
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,376 Posts
awesome deer man!! another down for va!! wahoooooo!! what b head did ya use? congrats!

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Good hunting!...:darkbeer:

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks..he weighed 125 lbs field dressed..that is pretty big for around here...he had a ton of fat on him and his neck was very thick!!!!

· Bow Bender
6,974 Posts
Looks you and I were in the same boat! Mine did not go quite as far, nor was it quite as big as far as the rack. But mine did weigh in at 146 field dressed according to my big game scales. Nice job! Way to stick it out on the tracking job. I shot the G5 Strikers and they always did a great job for me. Is the deer an 8 pointer? Hard to tell from the pic. Way to go!

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.