Archery Talk Forum banner

BigPappa is a bowfishing Pro!

1266 20
Well...ok, maybe not...but him and his brother Kevin came over and took a little guided bowfishing trip that he bought in a charity auction with us. Let's just say by daylight they were getting pretty tired of holding up fish for the video camera, LOL.

Pix coming soon...and I'll let him give you his take on the trip. :) Right now I am going to be for a bit.

A big thanks to him and his brother Kevin for contributing to a good cause and coming along. Both are great guys. We had a great time and got some great footage to boot!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Awesome - I love bowfishing, and just picked up an old Oneida to setup just for it. Need to get my hands on a johnboat to give me some better opportunities though...

Lets see a video!

· Registered
14,752 Posts
A big THANK YOU to Robin and Keith @ Aim Low! Man that was a blast!!! We had an awesome time!

It was raining when got to the river last night after a 3 hr drive but didn't take long to get into the fish and for the weather to clear up. I laughed as hard as I've ever laughed before, so much that I almost cried.:zip::embara:

Of course I left my camera in the truck so I'm at Robin's mercy to get me some copies of pics.

Would anyone believe I had over 250 shots and didn't miss once?:zip::wink::rolleyes:

Now all I have to do is talk momma into letting me buy a bowfishing boat.:eek::doh:

· Registered
14,752 Posts
Finally caught up on my sleep. 15 of the last 19 hrs I was incapacitated.

For anyone looking for something to do in the summers to fill the void before deer season I strongly urge you to consider bowfishing! I had bowfished from the bank a couple times a couple years ago during the day, but this night bowfishing from a boat was the cat's meow so to speak! Constant action and LOTS of shots! A blast to say the least!!!!

· save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,037 Posts
A big THANK YOU to Robin and Keith @ Aim Low! Man that was a blast!!! We had an awesome time!

It was raining when got to the river last night after a 3 hr drive but didn't take long to get into the fish and for the weather to clear up. I laughed as hard as I've ever laughed before, so much that I almost cried.:zip::embara:

Of course I left my camera in the truck so I'm at Robin's mercy to get me some copies of pics.

Would anyone believe I had over 250 shots and didn't miss once?:zip::wink::rolleyes:

Now all I have to do is talk momma into letting me buy a bowfishing boat.:eek::doh:

hahaha even if you would have actually hit 250 and not miss, figuring in your shooting out here for antelope and your batting average still suxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
14,752 Posts
hahaha even if you would have actually hit 250 and not miss, figuring in your shooting out here for antelope and your batting average still suxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!
OK OK well I did miss a few times:wink:....and it was more times than I missed in Wyo....how many times has Brad missed in Wyo this year?:eek::zip::tongue:

When you go with the Aim Low guys Brad...just make sure to not show Keith any 'plumbers crack' cuz he'll take advantage of you.:eek::embara::embara:

· Registered
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well...I am just now back to life. Slept an hour Sat morning and then left to meet my family at an all day concert fest...whew!

This trip with these guys was a great time. The weather made it a little tricky in knowing where to look for fish, but we found more than enough targets for these guys.

Here are a couple pix. The first is the first of the night, a nice grass carp that both guys shot at the same time. The other is a very big silver carp that Kory shot perfectly. Several bigheads they shot pushed or just made it over 30 lbs.

Attachments

· Registered
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I laughed as hard as I've ever laughed before, so much that I almost cried.:zip::embara:
I'll have to take a look at that tape and let you know if it all got caught on camera. I literally cannot think of that without laughing out loud to myself. :set1_STOOGE2:

· Registered
14,752 Posts
I'll have to take a look at that tape and let you know if it all got caught on camera. I literally cannot think of that without laughing out loud to myself. :set1_STOOGE2:
About 30 minutes after I went to bed last night I pictured that and I just started busting up laughing. My wife thought I was nuts.:secret::wink:

· Registered
458 Posts
I am really glad I can keep folks entertained with my antics. :set1_rolf2:

I had a great time except for the belly ache. I should have known better than to add White Castles to an already upset stomach. :pukey:

It was great to meet the Brink Bro's! They are some quality fellas!

· save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,037 Posts
I am really glad I can keep folks entertained with my antics. :set1_rolf2:

I had a great time except for the belly ache. I should have known better than to add White Castles to an already upset stomach. :pukey:

It was great to meet the Brink Bro's! They are some quality fellas!

dude, how can u stomach white castles??????
tried em once on an ohio hunting trip, now there a joke among us here.

· Not perfect! but forgiven
1,228 Posts
Congrats

on the good time and great fish BigPappa, sounds like a blast.

Nice job once again Robin & Keith, sounds like you guys have created a new inductee to the addiction :wink:

· Registered
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you have any openings? I am up for a nite shoot anytime and have a friend or two who might like to get in booking a night.
Friday, Oct 3rd would work out because we have the second donated trip to run Oct 4th. You can email me at [email protected] or pm me here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.