Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at these 2 cams on a Carbon Icon and the Diamond Deploy .
The Icon has the Control cable peg on the outside of the cam and the Deploy Control cable peg is more inboard. Does this affect the draw cycle. On the Overdrive cams the peg is inboard as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, does anyone know what the hole is for on the limb bracket on the newer Bowtech’s

·
(aka lug nut)
48,474 Posts
I was looking at these 2 cams on a Carbon Icon and the Diamond Deploy .
The Icon has the Control cable peg on the outside of the cam and the Deploy Control cable peg is more inboard. Does this affect the draw cycle. On the Overdrive cams the peg is inboard as well.

A cam is a series of pulleys "welded" together (technically machined). So, the biggest pulley is the bowstring pulley (largest diameter, longest perimeter). Then, cable #1 is the second largest diameter pulley (second longest perimeter). Then, cable #2 is the smallest diameter pulley (shortest perimeter). So, a cam is really three pulleys next to each other. The perimeter length of the bowstring pulley, decides what is the perimeter length for pulley #2 and decides the perimeter length for pulley #3. The SHAPE of the bowstring pulley, controls the shape of the draw force curve. The FEEL of the draw cycle (aggressive or really SMOOOOTH), is controlled by the shape of the three pulleys, how they all get along together.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
When pressing these bows , does it prevent the press fingers from slipping?

Not necessarily. It may, depending on the press fingers and how past parallel, the limbs are.

Lefty archer in the PNW

·
Registered
239 Posts
Was also wondering what they were for. My assumption was that in a pinch you could draw it back and have someone insert a dowel pin through and slowly let it down so it would mimic being in a press.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts