Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing the GT500 or the Bowtech Captain. Has anyone experienced any cam lean on either if these bows?

How about the Pearson Z-34?
Thanks.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
All bows have cam lean (unless shoot through system). If it has a cable guard it has cam lean. It is built into the design. That being said, the bows that you have mentioned are all good shooters.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I think cam lean is worried about way too much...as long as your bow is timed and your strings are in good shape your golden.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
It's really hard not to have any cam lean with a bow that has a cable slide or roller guard as it's pulling the cables off to the side and causing the cam to lean. The only way to avoid it completely would be to get a Martin that has the shoot thru cables or a bow like i just ordered ( Monster bows) that also has shoot thru cables but no cams to lean at all! Don't worry about cam lean as people shoot bows with cam lean all the time and shoot them very good!

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
My Elite Z28 had zero lean, GT500 will definitely have less than a captain. IMHO
clueless on the Pearson.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My Elite Z28 had zero lean, GT500 will definitely have less than a captain. IMHO
clueless on the Pearson.
Why would a GT500 have less cam lean than a Captain? Captains use a center track binary cam so it eliminates most of the lean right from the source.

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
honestly its in my opinion not to worry about it, true enough if its just horrible then well hmmmmmm i just dont know....lol

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
Why would a GT500 have less cam lean than a Captain? Captains use a center track binary cam so it eliminates most of the lean right from the source.
why do mathews drenalins lean more then any of them? hmmmmm its a solocam too....

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
In my opinion the SPLIT LIMB bowtech's have more lean than than solid limb Elite's. My General leaned pretty bad but shot great....

I dunno just my opinion based on what I have owned/seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts