Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. Been a while since i have posted on here due to an awesome hunting season, but 3D is due to begin for me soon and Im having some tuning issues. I'm shooting a 2010 Martin Shadowcat (binary system) and am consistently getting a high and right tear on paper. I am shooting from roughly six feet away from the paper and no matter what i do i still get high/right tears. I read in the easton tuning guide that it may be my cam timing?? I'm shooting 60#'s and slinging Easton Eclipse 2512's (not sure the length right now) with NIBB points. Using a NAP quicktune 3000. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
When I tune binary cams, it seems the rest must be slightly left of center due to cam lean and riser torque. It is the nature of the beast, has other advantages though, and is a cool system. I have been told that bibaries have 400 lbs of pull at the cam on the side and that is why they twist the limbs and riser. So as far as paper tuning, a perfect bullet hole is probably not desireable with your bow. After you get it close, then do the final tune on it with a walkback tune. Especially for 3d with the varied distances. PM me if you need help. James

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thank you in advance. and does it help or hurt that i have the barnsdale limbs?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Martin after they got their act together (after the square tip limbs) made a pretty good limb. The Barnsdales have never had problems and makes a beautiful limb. You are good to go with those limbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts