Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an "08" Gaurdian that I want to ****** the bottom cam. Which cable do I untwist ? The cables attatch at both ends to both cams ?

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
If you want to ****** the bottom cam, you ADD twist to the cable that rides in the LARGE track on the riser side (forward) of the bottom cam. It doesn't matter which end you twist.

Removing twist from the cables, advances the cams.

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want to ****** the bottom cam, you ADD twist to the cable that rides in the LARGE track on the riser side (forward) of the bottom cam. It doesn't matter which end you twist.

Removing twist from the cables, advances the cams.
Thanks for the reply :) I just can't tell which cable controls each cam.

So it's the cable without all the dog legs in the cam ? By large - do you mean long track ? Is it the loop that runs under the "J" hook ?

·
10,241 Posts
Thanks for the reply :) I just can't tell which cable controls each cam.

So it's the cable without all the dog legs in the cam ?
Both cables go through the "doglegs". You can't think about it that way.

Changing the cable length, will move the cam, by applying or relieving pressure to the LARGE track. The little track, has no leverage, so that cam won't move.

If you advance the timing enough on just one cam, a binary bow can "lock-out" at full draw. I can't remember if the Guardian had a safety stop to prevent that or not.

·
10,241 Posts
If you remove the cable from the "doglegs" of the top cam, and add twists, it will ****** the bottom cam.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
An easier way to look at it may be to look at the draw stops at full draw and if you hit the cable whith one stop and have a gap with the other one, you want to add twists to the one where the gap is.

You want to add twist to what I call the easy end, or the cable that is easiest to take off the peg and get back on, the one withOUT the dogleg. :wink: Of course it could be that you want to take twist out of the other cable end on the opposite cam, but I always use the "easy end of the cable.

Hope that's clear as mud. :)

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
In the "Bow Tuning section" There's a sticky for timing Binary cams by Dave Nowlin. I suggest you read it before you lock up your bow. Binaries are great cams but you need to know where your at and where your going.

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks for all the help guys---I got it :) :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts