Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to here and just wanted to say hello to everyone first of all. I'm thinking of buying a bowtech constitution or a old glory and was wanting some info on the binary cam system. shooting smoothness, nock travel, tuning, ect. Thanks.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
Tuning is straight forward, vertical nock travel is non-existent and it is a "hard" cam system with the most solid wall on the market. You can get "soft" mods if you don't like the extremely hard draw force curve with the fast mods.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I recently got to draw a 2006 Old Glory a week or so ago. It had the smooth mods on it, and it was fantastic! I always shyed away from Bowtech because of their harsh draw, but plan to have one for my next bow, not sure what model though....I'm considering the same two.:wink:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
TheW900Man said:
Hi, I'm new to here and just wanted to say hello to everyone first of all. I'm thinking of buying a bowtech constitution or a old glory and was wanting some info on the binary cam system. shooting smoothness, nock travel, tuning, ect. Thanks.
Use the search function here on Archery Talk. You will find LOTS of good information. Just type in Binary Cam in the Advanced Search and look in the General Archery Discussion forum. I thought I understood the system until a few VERY smart guys here set me straight. Good Luck and welcome.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I have the speed mods on my Tribute and it took some getting used to after shooting solo cams for several years but now I love it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I agree with everything that has been said about the draw of the cams. There is one great "falsity" THEY HAVE TO BE IN TIME.
Don't buy this they don't need to be timed crap. It's just that crap. Every bow manufacture wants to say that. If this bows come out of time, the nock moves drastically.
With that said I will give them this, in a tournament you would be done for if that happens. However, once you notice that this has occured, you can adjust the nock, live with the change in let off and still shoot very well if you cannot press the bow (hunting).

They are good cams, the best out there? That's a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ewolf said:
.......... If this bows come out of time, the nock moves drastically....
What do you mean by "the nock moves drastically"? If you mean that nock travel is no longer level, then you are incorrect. The ability to maintain nearly perfectly level nock travel regardless of small changes in timing is one of the big advantages of the system. This ability to maintain level nock travel has been demonstrated several times on a board, even after the cables were intentionally twisted to throw the bow "out of time". One guy on here (Marcus I think) twisted one of the cables 12 times, and the nock travel was still level. Try that on another system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts