Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some expert binary tuners give me their opinion. Here are the photos of my cams as they sit a full draw on my draw board.

Do the cams need to rotate 3-4 degrees more for me to actually get a valley and some let off? Should the cables come darn close to touching the raised cable stops?

I have read Dave Nowlin's posts on tuning binarys, so I am aware of the 1/16th compression of the draw stop o-ring and such. I'm just not sure if we are talking about the flat of the cam or the cable stop. This is a High Country Trinary, so I'm assuming they are similar to the Binary. The limb hides it, but the Trinary has a swoop or a dip in the cam where the cable currently departs and where the cable stop is. The bow currently feels like there is zero valley and not much let off. I can't aim worth a darn and my bare shaft tuning has been a nightmare. I can however shoot bullet holes through paper with bare shafts (FOB user). The draw stop is actually past where it is suggested to be set, so in theory I should be bottoming out my cams. Is it possible that the draw stop markers are quite far off from where they need to be?

So again, do I need to adjust the draw stop so the cable stops come closer to the string? I don't want to lock up so I figured I'd ask first!

Pictures: Top two side by side pix are of the top cam. The bottom pix is the bottom cam.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
they look pretty good to me.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
If the small round protrusion to the right of the draw stop in the first picture is the cam stop then it looks like your draw stop needs to be backed off to get your let off. Are the instructions clear about your draw stop position? You might try sending that photo to HCA or PM fastpassthrough (Richard) on AT and have him look at the photo.

·
Treestand Assassin
3,102 Posts
Trinary or Binary, they are treated the same when it comes to the cable stops.
Yes, advance the draw stop so that at full draw the stops are "kissing" the cables.
This is why you don't have valley and letoff. I bet that thing wants to pull your arm off.? That should fix you up.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cam stops

Yep, the grey circle to the right of the draw stop is the cam stop (1st picture). You can see how there is not a straight line from the edge of the round cam stop back under the limb. The profile of cam dips in under the limb and then bows back out to the arch of the cam where the cable is currently departing. I wonder what purpose the dip serves. Even if I move the draw stop so that the cam stops kiss the cable, there will still be the dip area where the cable won't be in contact with the cam, i.e. there is no flat to lay against. Just curious. :)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
if you advance your draw stop the little round thing is called an overdraw preventor you want them set to just kiss the cable but barely touching with the drawstop in place and the oring on the drawstop depressed.To make sure your cams are sinced you want to make sure your cables touch the overdraw preventors at the same time,then set the draw stop.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem Fixed

Thanks for all the replies. I made adjustments as suggested and the bow draws and holds much better. Draw boards ought to be mandatory for binary owners!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I thought they were.:wink:

Dave Nowlin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.