Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I decided the vortex diamondback will be what I buy. Question is what power. Was in cabelas and looked at 8x42 and 8x32. Inside looking through them not a huge difference. Primarily used for looking through the woods while in stand 100 yards max, looking at targets at 3d shoots, occassioal looking at deer in some small fields. I was even thinking the 8x28 may be better due to its a bit more compact but will it fit my needs. What are you guys using.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Ok you want the bigger objective lens in the woods to let in more light. I would start with looking at 10x42 or 10x50. I shoot 12x50 for 3d.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
For what you are using them for, consider the Sig Sauer Zulu 3, (8x32/10x32). Compact, good glass & great warranty.
You can get a pair on ebay for around $130, great bino for the money.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I have 10x42 and they are good. A bigger set would work better but I wanted light weight and best view I could have. The diamondbacks are a good set of glasses for the money.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I like 10x42 for 3D and hunting.

·
Banned
2,099 Posts
I have the vortex diamondback 8x28 I bought them this past year for turkey season and they are awesome, I could see turkeys to identify if they were shooters 300 yards away. They are light weight and work great, I did drop em in a mud hole and need to wash the up a bit more. I am going to use them this year for deer hunting. Retired my old big bulky nikons. The vortex diamon back is very good optic for the money, I bought mine on eBay got a killer deal on them 119.00 free shipping and came with a cleaning kit and all kinds extra stuff.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I use cabelas 10x42 HD. I was going to buy Vortex HD and look at cabelas brand and they was a lot clearer and 200 bucks cheaper.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the Vortex Diamondback and they are excellent for the money. I have two Vortex rifle scopes, a 60X80 spotting scope, and now the 10X42 Binos they are all excellent as far as I'm concerned. Very high quality optics at an excellent price. If you can afford the high priced spread go for it but I live in the real world with a budget!

·
Registered
449 Posts
maven makes a real nice 8x32 that give a great field of view and lets in a lot of light when it counts. it's pricey compared to the diamondback but worth it to me.

if you're going to test binos at the store, go at dusk.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The Vortex diamondbacks 10X42 worked very nice for me for 3D. I could make out specific details in the target in reference to the 12 ring.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Vortex 10x50. I like extra light, in early October, when 3D course starts at 9 in dense woods, it is pretty dark imho.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I had the DBs and thought they were great - but I've recently gone to the new improved Vipers and OMG they are brilliant - both in 10x42.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I have 8's and 10's, but for the hunting distance and conditions you described, I use Leupold Yosemite's 6 x 30. Good eye relief for glasses, small size and spotting game is easier. Too much magnification at short distances makes scanning less effective, in brushy areas.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I have a pair of 8x42 and 10x42, I think for what you want to use them for the 8x would be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm another one for the Vortex diamondbacks 10X42 . Nice choice DeerHunter#1 I think you'll like them too.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts