Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation, I've decided I need to invest in a good pair of binoculars for hunting. I'm so tired of watching wildlife from a distance with just the naked eye. My little brother always carries binoculars while hunting anything and he says it helps the time go by during activity lulls by just watching songbirds and squirrels do their thing. I'm not a Western hunter, so I don't think I need a super powered set of binoculars. I just want something that is small, light and in good quality. Can you guys offer some suggestions? Also who out there makes the best harness for them? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I concur with Nagster. Get a quality 8x binocular that you can afford and that's really all you will need. 10x is too much.

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
I have a pair of 8X36 Vanguard Spirit binos... i picked them up on Ebay super cheap 80 bucks. they are the Non ED model. but they are super clear in all kind of light conditions. But if i had the money i would have gotten some Vortex optics... they are super clear, best warranty in the biz, very good quality. I dont know if i will pack them to the stand, i got them mainly for 3d and to see my arrows when practicing at far distances.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,498 Posts
8x42 Alaskan guide series from Cabelas ..... Same quality as my Els at a fraction of the cost. One look through the Cabelas and I dumped my Els....guide series represent an awesome bang for your buck!

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts