Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone using? I'm in need of a new set. I had a set of Leica 10x42's I used for 3d (ASA) and LOVED them. This year I plan on shooting a more diverse schedule. I'm going to Vegas, going to try some Field and Hunter along with a little FITA. I sold the 10x42's because I wanted to get some Leica 8x50's. That way I could use them for IBO if so desired, but am skeptical about an 8x pair being enough for 90 meters. I've never shot anything like that before so I might be totally off my rocker too, wanting one pair for everything. :D So, let's hear what everyone reccomends as far as magnification and optic size. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I use Bushnell Legend 10 X 42's and 90 meters is not a problem. The ONLY problem I have is at 90 meters is if someone has the same color nocks and fletching as mine.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
90 Meters

If want to pick your own nocks out at 90 Meters, you need a spotting scope. For Field, 8X or 10X will do but make sure you get a 42 or 50 objective lens so that you gather enough light for shooting in the woods.
Jbird

1 - 5 of 5 Posts