Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new bitz with a straight clamp. My buddy wants me to do some arrows for him but he shoots right helical. My question is do I need a different knock reciever or will the one I have for the straight clamp work? He will buy the clamp but we were wondering if we need to order the knock reciever with it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I didn't see why it wouldn't work but in some of the catalogs they list a nock reciever with the clamp.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The straight clamp WILL NOT work for a helical. The straight clamp will do straight, right offset and left offset.
If you want to do right helical you need to buy a right helical clamp, they cost about $30.00.
As for the nock reciever as long as you can spin the nocks after you make the arrows it does not matter which one you use.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Nock receiver

Seems the nock receiver really makes a difference when you use a TM style rest. Then you need the TM nock receiver. Because if you look at the finished fletched arrow, you will notice that the two hen fletchings are slightly offset from the cock fletching. There is more clearance for the fletching going thru the rest. The two hen fletchings are more pointed up, they are not equi-distance from the cock fletching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts