Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy 12 bitzenburger jigs and I dont know if I should buy left helical, right helical or straight.

I am right handed , shooting 5575 shafts thru a Pro hostage and use my bow for hunting.

also, who has the best price.

any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,089 Posts
Well the Turkey will tell you which clamp left or right it goes with the wing. Left clamp left wing right clamp right wing. Straight works for target and hunting but some like the helical for hunting. For vanes it doesn't matter left, right and striaght is just that straight.

· Registered
3,023 Posts
I want to buy 12 bitzenburger jigs and I dont know if I should buy left helical, right helical or straight.

I am right handed , shooting 5575 shafts thru a Pro hostage and use my bow for hunting.

...if you are shooting through this style of rest, you won't want too much "helical" or "offset" for fear of the arrow spinning rapidly when shot and making fletching contact with the rest...

...for 95% and maybe more of fletching jobs the "straight" clamp will work very well...fletching with this clamp can be done "straight" or with a slight to agressive "offset"...

...unless you are going into big time arrow fletching production...12 individual jigs is big time over kill...

...but then again...if you've got the CA$H...get how ever many you'd like ...good luck :darkbeer:

· Registered
2,350 Posts

I would think about getting the upgrade kit on at least a few of them. See the threads below.

The Bitz is the best when used with a fast set glue. The nock receiver needs to be upgraded for the best
results. See the threads below for details.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=584491&highlight=bitzenburger

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=7558477&posted=1#post7558477

Joe B.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
All I need is 1 Bitz, takes care of me just fine. I would get a right and straight or a left and straight clamp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.