Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let someone borrow it and now it won't turn. Loosed all of the set screws and it still doesn't click into position and the only way I can turn it is by using a pliers and it still doesn't turn easily.

This happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Did he loosen the nock reciever up, and loose the little ball & spring? Or get it jammed up in there? That's my bet.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I just found the ball and 2 springs. They fell into the cup of nail polish. Anyone know where they are supposed to go?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Actually I just found the ball and 2 springs. They fell into the cup of nail polish. Anyone know where they are supposed to go?
There's a ball and spring in each of the three adjustment holes. When you back them out it should turn easily but one of them may be jammed in there. Try removing the round head screw behind the adjustment screws and that should let you pull out the receiver to see what's keeping it from turning. Check out the threads below if you want to upgrade to a better nock receiver.

Bitz is the best but it can be even better. With the upgrade nock receiver by Zenith you can do a flawless job with any arrow/vane combination. See the threads listed below and search for other comments from those who already have the upgrade. If you use a fast set glue it's not a time consuming job doing one vane at a time.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=584491&highlight=bitzenburger

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=7558477&posted=1#post7558477

Joe B.

·
Registered
337 Posts
jig problem

Had the same problem with mine it is caused by two casted alum. parts rubbing together that produces a film of dust that will gauld parts. Take apart the jig by removing all set screws, ballbearings one flat head screw then tap the nock receiver on table to remove. Use light sand paper or emery cloth on nock reciever where it contacts jig. Then wipe clean, place a light dab of machine oil between jig and nock reciever reassemble them with screw. After that replace three ballbearings in set screw holes first, then springs, then drop of oil, and finally set screws. Tighten set screws till they are flush with jig. At this time u must determine how u want to fletch 120DEG. 90 or 75x105 it is marked on jig. Just rotate nock receiver and slowly tighten selected screw until u feel bearings seating themselfs in marks in receiver then go about quarter turn more.

P.S. Use very little oil just drops and if you lose ballbearing they are .125 dia. and should be able to get at hobby or hardware store good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts