Archery Talk Forum banner

Bitzenburger nock receivers???

10K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  kballer1 
#1 ·
Can I get someone to tell me the difference between left, straight and right nock receivers? I thought I had a straight receiver to go with my straight clamp. I just got a left clamp to fletch some feathers and I also ordered a left nock receiver. The two nock receivers look identical to me. Maybe someone that owns multiple nock receivers can take a picture illustrating the difference?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#2 ·
There is no difference other than the orientation of the nock relative to the index vane when the fletching comes out of the jig. It made a difference back in the day when nocks were glued onto the conical taper on the shaft, but now it does not because you can just turn the nock. In other words, if you remove the nock, you cannot tell which receiver the arrow was fletched with.

If you're looking for the actual "difference" it's the rotation of the nock index inside the receiver relative to the detents on the outside of the receiver. the difference is very slight between "straight" and "left".

#3 ·
I'm fletching some 25yr old 2115's so I think I need the left receiver. If I align the receivers next to each other they look IDENTICAL. The indents appear to be in the same orientation around both receivers. I don't know if I have 2 lefts, 2 straights, or what I have. I'll try to post a pic.

#9 ·
And each has a nock receiver that is supposed to go with it.

Yes nuts n bolts, they are glued on. I'm going old school. :)

#7 ·
What does 25 yr. old 2115's have to do with the nock receiver??

#10 ·
If the nocks are glued to the taper, then it may matter as far as fletching orientation relative to the nock when they come out of the jig. If the nocks are modern nocks, then it doesn't matter which receiver is used because you can simply turn the nocks to suite.

OP, I think you have two of the same receivers, no markings on the knob?

Attachments

#13 ·
I know the optional Blitz TM nock receivers came marked left, right or straight to match the clamp. This gave you a 3 fletch out of the jig with the cock feather indexed down or up for shooting through a prong rest or over a blade. The standard receiver indexed the cock feather out at 90 degree to the riser. As nestly said all this mattered when nocks where glued on before the arrow was fletched. You could fake it by pressing the nock on real hard then fletching the arrow before gluing the nock. The problem was you ran the chance of slippage when turning the arrow to the next position and not end up with a perfect 120 degree 3 fletch. Thats why they had a variety of nock receivers to match different style rests. Today you can just turn the nock after your done so none of this really matters anymore.

#15 ·
...... You could fake it by pressing the nock on real hard then fletching the arrow before gluing the nock. The problem was you ran the chance of slippage when turning the arrow to the next position and not end up with a perfect 120 degree 3 fletch. .
"back in the day", that's what we did. In fact, I didn't even glue my nocks on, you can just "twist" them on the taper and they're every bit as secure against rotation as modern push-in nocks

#20 ·
Started shooting target arrow with just twisted nocks back in about 1970, on hunting arrows would just twist on nock to fletch & when done remove nock add glue & position to the way you wanted the fletching for the greatest
clearance to the arrow rest.
Reason for not gluing nocks was shooting single spot target & if glued could get a cracked nock & not see it but if just screwed on & got cracked nock they would fly off the arrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.