Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spring, I am going to try for black bear with the bow, In British Columbia baiting is illegal. How would you get the job done?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Are you doing this diy? Are you going coastal or inland? Has the area been logged?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I hunt spring bear here in BC every year and the methods I use are Spot & stalk or calling. If the PG in your location stands for Prince George you will have no problem finding black bear and one of the biggest black's I have seen was around PG. If you have any questions just ask

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hunt spring bear here in BC every year and the methods I use are Spot & stalk or calling. If the PG in your location stands for Prince George you will have no problem finding black bear and one of the biggest black's I have seen was around PG. If you have any questions just ask
I have seen two massive bears in cut blocks near cluculz lake. Most of the area has been logged due to the pine beatle. We have had them come into our cabin property maybe 2 times every couple of years.

Where would you look for them in the spring?

·
Registered
607 Posts
same place you saw them. food is scarce and they are hungry. grasses are their main diet in the spring, but they will put thier mouth on just about anything that time of year. they will tear up stumps and wood piles and in my area peel trees that are between 10 and 30 years old and eat the cambium layer for an added boost of sugar. in the spring, its all about food or lack of it.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
smother your self in peanut butter then drizzle bacon grease all over your self, should work fine.

Just kidding, I have always thought that spot and stock would be a hard way to take a bear. We are lucky we can bait most areas where I am at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts