Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my hunting area has recently become inundated with black bears. i have no interest in baggin a bear at this time but was wondering what you do to keep these suckers from giving you grief when in your stand or on your way in or out?

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Don't worry about them. They will move out of your way, no matter how quiet you think you move they will hear you. There is 2 types of bears ou may have to worry about. A sow with cubs and a really young boar that is very hungry. If there is enough food for them you shouldn't have to worry much about personal safety.

If you are really worried though I would get bear spray.

·
Registered
512 Posts
why would you not want to bag one? there great eating, and I think it would be great to stick an arrow in one...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Shoot one that will take care of them
you laugh but i had to a couple years back...
i had 4 or 5 bears working the orchard i was hunting and they were chasing the deer away and laying under the apple trees all the time !
one night i finally went and bought a bear tag and shot one when 3 came in (all 3 were 1 yr old bears) , i shot the biggest of the bunch at 105 pds it was a good meat bear and they stopped coming in while i was there ;)
i had no interest in killing one but i had chased them off a bunch of times and after awhile they got used to me !

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
As much as I like hunting bears I would be glad to take one out of your hunting area. Hunters helping hunters!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts