Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade from my first sight and got my eye on a used one of these. Cant find much information on them, I know Black Gold as a brand is high quality. Any cons to picking one of these up? What's a fair price for a good condition used one? The one I'm looking at is a 3 pin and doesn't include sight tapes.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
It's a good sight. You can make your own tapes simply enough or contact black gold and they can fix you up.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
Looking to upgrade from my first sight and got my eye on a used one of these. Cant find much information on them, I know Black Gold as a brand is high quality. Any cons to picking one of these up? What's a fair price for a good condition used one? The one I'm looking at is a 3 pin and doesn't include sight tapes.
You can buy a whole set on their website for about $15

or, depending on the speed, I can send you some free

·
Registered
11,035 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The sights tapes specify Ascent, will they work with the Pure Adrenaline?

Does anyone know what the sight weighs? Cant find the weight anywhere online so far.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Black gold sights are the best. The customer service is as well. Email them and I can guarantee they will help you with anything you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
love the sight, it is currently what i shoot

·
Registered
37 Posts
anyone owned a Black Gold and can compare to the Spot Hoggs? (fast Eddie for example). I have Fast Eddies on both my bows right now and they're great but always interested in what else is out there.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
anyone owned a Black Gold and can compare to the Spot Hoggs? (fast Eddie for example). I have Fast Eddies on both my bows right now and they're great but always interested in what else is out there.
had both, still have both. I like the vertical dial on the black gold better than spot hogg. I also like how you can set your housing to the complete top of dial then keep it there while moving it left/right and up/down to get your fist pin set. With spot hogg you need the dial to get the first pin set. However spot hoggs MRT is far superior than the BG ring. I would take either of them anytime with no hesitation.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
I have shot both and both are great sights. The Black Gold has brighter pins(too bright IMHO as is the Spot Hogg), and they are a little lighter. The Fast Eddie is more durable, the moveable portion is far more rigid, and if it gets loose you can easily tighten it back up, the MRT is far and away better. Their multipin sights are micro adjustable left/right and up/down, plus the wire is factory set perfectly square to the level in the housing so you never have to worry about left/right misses. The gear drive is far more durable on the Spot Hogg over the knurled wheel into the plastic rail on the Black Gold. The 2nd and 3rd axis is more durable and reliable on the Spot Hogg as well. The finish and machine quality is also better on the Spot Hogg. I also like the sight tape on the wheel as it spreads the tape out and makes it more precise and easier to dial to the exact yardage over the vertical tape of the Black Gold. That said you really can't go wrong with either and both are excellent sights with excellent customer service and warranty. Really comes down to small differences in how they function and preference. In the categories important to me, I prefer the Spot Hoggs over most sights out there, although there are a lot of good sights on the market today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts