Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Black Platinum SlayerX has Landed SouthPaw Edition

I saw the motorcade coming down the street and thought...could it be?:noidea: They stopped, several armed guards stepped out and then I saw the box:thumb:
I have ordered Winner's Choice red/silver strings for it, but pictured are the factory (Stone Mountain) black/yellow strings.
SlayerX CAT 45-60# limbs SouthPaw Edition of course:D
Black Platinum
I dressed her up with a
Doinker Target Elite set-up
Copper John Ants Evo2
CR Apex Scope with 4x Zeiss lens
Trophy Taker Spring Steel 1

I really like this new C.A.T. cam. It's fast and you can tailor the draw-length, let-off and valley right to your needs.:thumb: I especially like the fact that you don't have to pay the traditional penalty for speed...very little shock:) I don't have the chronograph numbers on this one yet, but will get some numbers once the new string is on and settled...it definitely throws the fire though.:flame:

The Black Platinum is very difficult to photograph, but it is certainly one of the best finishes I've had on a bow:nod:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got about 75 shots through it already and based on talks with Pug and threads from Gary Studt and LeEarl...I started playing with the timing and rotation of the CAT cams. It was quite apparent when you hit "the spot" on the cams. I noticed a distinct difference in how the shot felt and the depth the shaft buried in the 18-in-1.
The going thought is that the cable should be wrapped up in the cam and you accomplish this by getting the cable as to where the cable turns to the cable post as possible...I figured there was no good way to explain this, so I took a picture.:)

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I've got about 75 shots through it already and based on talks with Pug and threads from Gary Studt and LeEarl...I started playing with the timing and rotation of the CAT cams. It was quite apparent when you hit "the spot" on the cams. I noticed a distinct difference in how the shot felt and the depth the shaft buried in the 18-in-1.
The going thought is that the cable should be wrapped up in the cam and you accomplish this by getting the cable as to where the cable turns to the cable post as possible...I figured there was no good way to explain this, so I took a picture.:)
What is the distance between the 2 sections of cable? This would seem to be very important to all the guys curious about tuning the binary hybrid CAT cam. Also a real simple way to check if your bow is set up properly.

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
I love the looks and size of the Slayer......just could not get a good feel for it though. Sure is nice looking though Doc. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Looks good Doc, you do notice a difference when the cam rotation is set at its best.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Very nice bow Doc Congradulations she sure is pretty! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Very nice rig! with the new string colors it will be total eye candy. 5 days to get it :eek: What did you jump on the private jet and stop by martin an wait till it was done LOL. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
nice rig. i love that color.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the distance between the 2 sections of cable? This would seem to be very important to all the guys curious about tuning the binary hybrid CAT cam. Also a real simple way to check if your bow is set up properly.
FC they are very close...there is only a 0.07 inch gap there according to my micrometer.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice rig! with the new string colors it will be total eye candy. 5 days to get it :eek: What did you jump on the private jet and stop by martin an wait till it was done LOL. Congrats!
Very very close to the truth:zip:. I am anxious to get the new strings, hopefully it'll look good...should also increase the speed a bit. I even bought another Carter Evo to match the strings.:embara::D

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love dem cat cams :tongue: They look soooooo mean!!
They definitely bite hard, I slammed a few boars down in Texas earlier this month with the CAT cams...they left a heck of a mark:wink:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice bow Doc Congradulations she sure is pretty! :thumb:
The question is...can she dance?:p I think the answer is yes based on my results today.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Dang Doc, you're gonna need a new supply of Meguiars wax for that baby! :wink:

Funny you posted those pics as I got my caliper out and measured the gap on my Firecat and it is the exact same, .07 :eek:

Attachments

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dang Doc, you're gonna need a new supply of Meguiars wax for that baby! :wink:

Funny you posted those pics as I got my caliper out and measured the gap on my Firecat and it is the exact same, .07 :eek:
This is certainly good to know...I previously hadn't seen any numbers yet so when I was playing yesterday with different settings...all of the sudden everything seemed to be ideal, so I left it alone and did a bunch of shooting. I'm definitely very pleased with how the feels and shoots now, so once I get the new string...I'm breaking out the micrometer again.

·
32,711 Posts
Beautiful bow Doc. I've got one on order just like yours, although I ordered mine Feb. 11th and still don't have it. I'm really looking forward to getting it and rigging it out. The color is awesome.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts