Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what your thoughts are on black bows vs camo bows. I've never owned a black bow, but am leaning that way on my next one. (Hunting Bow) Some of my thoughts or questions are: Does the black look dirty a lot? I'm sure dirt shows up on it a lot more than camo. Does the black show little scratches better. Do people with black bows feel like they have to "baby" them a little more?

And the hunting side of it. Does anyone think there is a disadvantage with a black bow. Do the animals see it and run?:)

Just curious for those of you who have black bows or even better those of you who have had both what are your thoughts.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Black bows are better for night hunting.:wink:

The camo and colors on bows serve more purpose for the owner and are geared for them, not the animals. It makes no difference to them and one does not show up any more than the other. If an animal is close enough to look at my bow, he would have been dead long before that if i wanted to kill him.

I like black bows and think they look sharp, don't really show the dirt more and powder coat is pretty durable, more so than camo dipping unless your bow is Kolorfused camo. Get what YOU like the best and don't worry about the animals preference.

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
I am a black bow guy had many camo bows in my day but my last 14 or so bows have been black or black snow camo or all snow camo.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,520 Posts
Black:

Irrelevant in a treestand
Superior in a blind
Possibly could cause issue on ground in spot-n-stalk but unlikely
Stock finishes are better in black than camo so no need to "baby"
Generally look cooler than many camo patterns.

Best of both worlds option is actually to get Stormy Hardwoods Kolorfusion. Shweeeet!!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Been buying black for a few yrs now also.
May get new Obsession Evolution with stormy hardwoods camo.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Black bows are better for night hunting.:wink:
That's the reason you see so many Black ELITE bows....lol

I just had this talk with a buddy of mine in KY the other day....Hoe was wanting a new Elite Energy but was scared to buy black one cause deer would see it and he'd never kill a deer with it, lol...He never kills a deer anyway so I don't know what the difference is.
Black bows are fine...I don't understand it...It's like people who think you'll never kill a deer if you have bright colored strings, it's just dumb.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
NOW THATS FUNNY!!!:wink:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

I just had this talk with a buddy of mine in KY the other day....Hoe was wanting a new Elite Energy but was scared to buy black one cause deer would see it and he'd never kill a deer with it, lol...He never kills a deer anyway so I don't know what the difference is.
Black bows are fine...I don't understand it...It's like people who think you'll never kill a deer if you have bright colored strings, it's just dumb.
I have killed a lot of deer in Illinois with slug gun at 35-50 yards wearing a bright orange vest and hat!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
once you go black, you wont go back. lol:confused::wink:
Just kidden but i prefer a black bow, to me they look better

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Black is sleek and functional. I like black because subconsciously it has no movement so you can shoot without distraction.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Black makes matching accessories much easier!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I have drank the black kool-aid and am lovin it. Last two bows I have owned were black and I have had no problems shootin deer with them. Besides that, black makes me look thinner on the 3D courses! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,900 Posts

At first I thought your friend was a girl. :wink:

·
I like big buffs!
4,299 Posts
Yes-every deer will RUN, and run away FAST from a black bow!!!! NEVER buy black!! Deer are terrified of BLACK!!

:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts