Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to hunting and was wondering if black or camo on your bow made a difference ?I found a good deal on a Hoyt that's a blackout and wanted to know some opinions on the matter.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would imagine it would depend on what and how you hunt. For most applications blackout is fine. You just want to be more careful if you are going for the brighter colored bows, but even then, if you are in a stand it won't matter AS much.

·
Registered
366 Posts
buy what u want deer wont see it they see the movement not the color of ur bow.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I kill deer with a shiny hot pink bow. Black will be fine! :) the key, no matter what color your bow is, is just keep still and the deer won't see you.

·
Registered
366 Posts
exactly i find it funny all the talk about color but ive killed a many a deer in a full blazed orange suit and the deer are less then 20 yards and im sitting on the ground up against a tree.if deer could truely see colors they sure as heck would not walk up to a orange pumpkin the size of a small car lol as myself.theres a women here in michigan who uses purple and kills big bucks every yr. buy what u like dont worry about what others like

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Dont worry about the color of your bow, as long as its not shiny chrome...worry more about breaking up your human outline...that's what scares deer away...not the bow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much I went and bought my bow ........I'm sooo excited about my Hoyt can't wait until it gets here......

·
Registered
652 Posts
Congrats on a new bow!! I love my blacked out bow and have no trouble hunting with it. Be sure to post pics when you have them.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Congrats on the new bow ! It will be addicting. No worries on a black bow in the woods ,
I'll be out there with my blacked out Heartbreaker.
Remember we want pics . :wink:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I love my blacked out Hoyt, just ordered me a blacked out New Breed yesturday.. I used camo bows for yrs.. even a pink camo one a few yrs back.. But from now on when choise is there BLACK is for me.. Well black with my hot pink acc. I put on it. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts