Archery Talk Forum banner

Blackbuck Antelope!!!!

1555 Views 24 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  coop2564
Decided to go sit in a blind this afternoon and see if I could get a shot at a decent whitetail buck. I’ve been noticing some rut activity and saw a new buck the other day.

Anyway, not long after I sat down, a group of blackbuck antelope came in. There was one real nice ram, and I decided if he gave me a shot I would take it. After a while, he ended up at about 12yds munching on the hand throw corn I had put down. When he put his near leg forward, I drew back and let an arrow fly!!! My first impression was that I might have been low. He bounded off and after about 75yds, toppled over in sight!!!!! I’m not sure if I fumbled the shot a bit or if he did a matrix move on me, but the arrow went in just in front of the near leg, and then up thru his neck.

This is the first blackbuck I have ever shot on my place, and I’m very happy with him. He measured 20 1/2” x 20 3/8” (straight measure) which is a pretty darn good ram!!!!!!

Anyway, here’s the pics:

From the blind

As I found him

Pic with me and the ram

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
Compound and bare bow recurve.
2,602 Posts
That’s really nice looking buck. The fact that you shot it on your land is awesome. I have family in Hildalgo county Texas and have eaten hogs and axis deer, but have never eaten blackbuck venison, are they good eating? That antler mount will look awesome up on the wall.

· Registered
2,065 Posts
You lucked out for the year I think: 1st time for having the opportunity on your property and 2nd for the kill due to the arrow bouncing upwards into the neck. Congrats, but I wouldn't push the Luck until the Next Year

· Vendor
28,407 Posts
Decided to go sit in a blind this afternoon and see if I could get a shot at a decent whitetail buck. I’ve been noticing some rut activity and saw a new buck the other day.

Anyway, not long after I sat down, a group of blackbuck antelope came in. There was one real nice ram, and I decided if he gave me a shot I would take it. After a while, he ended up at about 12yds munching on the hand throw corn I had put down. When he put his near leg forward, I drew back and let an arrow fly!!! My first impression was that I might have been low. He bounded off and after about 75yds, toppled over in sight!!!!! I’m not sure if I fumbled the shot a bit or if he did a matrix move on me, but the arrow went in just in front of the near leg, and then up thru his neck.

This is the first blackbuck I have ever shot on my place, and I’m very happy with him. He measured 20 1/2” x 20 3/8” (straight measure) which is a pretty darn good ram!!!!!!

Anyway, here’s the pics:

From the blind

As I found him

Pic with me and the ram

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Those darn mechanical broadheads, glancing off leg bone and up through the neck. Lol Just Kidding Bisch. Beautiful animal. He will look nice on your wall and taste great. Congratulations 👍👍👍

· Registered
3,063 Posts
Those darn mechanical broadheads, glancing off leg bone and up through the neck. Lol Just Kidding Bisch. Beautiful animal. He will look nice on your wall and taste great. Congratulations [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
We laugh but I've seen some strange things happen with mechanical heads and fixed heads.
That said those BB are fast. I shot at an axis doe broadside doe and the arrow entrance ended up back and low and exited high at the other shoulder.
Them and Impala are the fastest Icritters 've seen but hill country whitetail are close.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts