Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How close are the Blackhawk caa (carbon alum.) arrows to the same size in an Easton ACC? In particular the 3490 Blackhawk and the acc 3/49. The ACC's shoot great but @ $130 & up they have me looking for an alternative.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Buy the eastons, the blackhawks are no where close. I tried various vapor shafts & at first they shoot good then they just start grouping really bad. I can shoot ACC's or CX & never have that problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have good luck with them

I guess I have had good luck with them I have a mixed bag I have Easton 349 and BH 349 and they group the same for me However you have to pick the BH unlike the eastons some of the BH are not real straight and the weight does vary
Tim

·
Registered
115 Posts
arrows

These arrows are O.K I have shot them for about a year with good results. However the diameter is not the same as its acc equivillant! 3490 Balckhawk is larger than a 349 ACC. If you are shooting any field archery than I would go with the ACC's less wind drift at long range. I swithed to the acc just for the record.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I've been playing around with some of these recently.

In no way do I think they compare to an A/C/C. Other than they are both made of carbon and aluminum. The Blackhawk components are sub-par (especially the nocks), they weigh more than their A/C/C counterparts (which may or may not be bad thing) and the straightness tolerance is goofy (some have bad run-out on the ends)

They are a decent shaft though in the grand scheme of things. But for the same amount of dinero, I'd rather have Goldtip 3D Pro's or Carbon Express 3D Selects.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Orions bow ,

What size ACC and CX are you shooting? I am concerned about the ACC's being much stiffer that a pure carbon arrow and the difference in O.D. casuing the arrow to sit different on the rest .
Can any one give more info about these concerns ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts