Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shooting a blade rest pretty much since I started shooting a bow. But I've had blade interference issues on two separate occasions recently. I've messed with blade size, vane off-set and arrow rotation and have pretty much been able to fix it each time. But I'm considering trying a Hamskea limb driven rest for indoor and 3D.

What are people's opinions on a standard blade vs a limb driver?

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
I shoot my target bow with a blade. I haven’t had any issues. But a Hamskea is of interest to me. I may try it on my next bow. My buddy shoots a Hamskea on his Triax and likes it. I have had limb driven and they worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
<---- That's 57Loader
2,296 Posts
I went to a Hamskea on all 5 of my bows. It’s really easy to set up and tune. I use the AAE limb clamps so I can always relax my drop cord and adjust the rest.

I never worry about vane contact anymore with an aggressive helical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Limdrivers on all my bows...they are excellent rests. Shot a blade for a long time they are just not for me.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I've been a fan of the Spot Hogg Edge and now DS Advantage Rest.
My buddy/fellow pro staffer shoots the Hamskea Micro Tune limb driven, I am intrigued a bit....
But the only thing on mine that can fail is a blade, bent or broken.
Lots of moving parts and a cord than can snag, spring that can stretch, etc.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Each type of rest has it's advantages and disadvantages. If you're not 100% satisfied with the way the blade is working for you, try a drop away. You'll never know which works better for you until you try both.

·
Socket Man
23,859 Posts
I have the hamskea hybrid pro and it works really good, the thing is that it basically has a blade rest on it and you can set it up just the same as your blade with the same angle. I got my hamskea in july at the superman asa and put it on without messing with the spring tension. It came with a blade that is slightly beefier where it contacts the arrow but it has a backing plate just like a blade can have. I simply adjusted the angle of the blade to my setting my bow was tuned to with the other rest and within minutes I was up and running.

About 1 week ago I was shooting at my indoor range and noticed that as I drew the bow my arrow was jumping around on the arrow rest, it has always done this since late july when I put it on so I sit down and studied how to adjust the spring tension. I set the spring tension just strong enough that it would hold the arrow up at full draw only, at rest the spring tension is not strong enough to hold up the arrow but as you draw it has less arrow to hold up and this allows the arrow to sit on the blade as you draw perfectly seated with no bouncing around.

When you get your hamskea hybrid pro if you have never shot one of these rests DO NOT OVERTHINK THE LIMB HOOK UP!!!!!!!

They send you a little rubber pad and you put it on the limb on the outside and then you go around and tie a d-loop knot to itself, this is the cleanest way to hook up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts