Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a powder test on my Hamskea target hybrid pro rest using my 27 shafts. I did not see any vane contact marks but a set of parallel lines down the center of the shaft. Is that what I'm supposed to be seeing? Or do I need the make an adjustment?

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,127 Posts
It will stay up for a while as it is designed. Which blade and what is the point weight of the arrows?

On my 27 aluminums, which weigh over 700gr I have the pressure set pretty danged high. That said, I don't see any issues or marks, etc, on my arrows.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using PS27s weighing 424gn and the blade is a Hamskea G-flex .240 blade, also the rest is set up as a blade mode not dropping away.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
set up as blade, if you are not getting any indicators of fletching contact, you are good to go. that's about all you can do. as long as no contact, it does no good to try and get "more no contact" you might paper shoot your set up real close to the bow to see how much up kick you arrows have, but if they are grouping good, that's a good indicator that your clearance is just enough to keep the fletch off the rest and still get good flight...the "ideal" set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts