Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Breathn
12,651 Posts
Out of box ,one I got is doing right at ibo and I see a little more to gain,smooth draw cycle and love the grip..pm me if anyone needs one

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Out of box ,one I got is doing right at ibo and I see a little more to gain,smooth draw cycle and love the grip..pm me if anyone needs one
I contacted Kyle about what we talked about.

He said he was going to get back to me, but I haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hmm. sounds promising, but I'll wait til these are in the hands of the "average Joe" to see speeds.

·
Bow kill fanatic
2,316 Posts
We have one in at the shop. The draw cycle is very smooth, no hump and dump at all for a speed boat. It feels just like the other new breeds to draw. The difference on the back end is that the valley is shorter than the other new breeds, noticeably. I am very impressed with the draw cycle of this PO for being a speedboat. On the shot there is definitely a thump and vibe. I have not yet checked timing and cam sync so I don't know if it is in there or not. But as a total package for a 350 speed bow, this thing is pretty dang sweet. As far as numbers go, my brother shot it for speed. Straight out of the box without checking anything else, he shot a 345 rating. Looks very very promising right off the bat. Only being off by 5 fps says a lot. That is straight out of the box. I can see this thing making speed no problem. Again I want to stress that this is straight out of the box, we have done nothing else to it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
We have one in at the shop. The draw cycle is very smooth, no hump and dump at all for a speed boat. It feels just like the other new breeds to draw. The difference on the back end is that the valley is shorter than the other new breeds, noticeably. I am very impressed with the draw cycle of this PO for being a speedboat. On the shot there is definitely a thump and vibe. I have not yet checked timing and cam sync so I don't know if it is in there or not. But as a total package for a 350 speed bow, this thing is pretty dang sweet. As far as numbers go, my brother shot it for speed. Straight out of the box without checking anything else, he shot a 345 rating. Looks very very promising right off the bat. Only being off by 5 fps says a lot. That is straight out of the box. I can see this thing making speed no problem. Again I want to stress that this is straight out of the box, we have done nothing else to
Video review coming?

·
Bow kill fanatic
2,316 Posts
Video review coming?
I am hoping to in the near future. Pretty busy right now trying to catch up on string builds and tunes.

·
Registered
981 Posts
We have one in at the shop. The draw cycle is very smooth, no hump and dump at all for a speed boat. It feels just like the other new breeds to draw. The difference on the back end is that the valley is shorter than the other new breeds, noticeably. I am very impressed with the draw cycle of this PO for being a speedboat. On the shot there is definitely a thump and vibe. I have not yet checked timing and cam sync so I don't know if it is in there or not. But as a total package for a 350 speed bow, this thing is pretty dang sweet. As far as numbers go, my brother shot it for speed. Straight out of the box without checking anything else, he shot a 345 rating. Looks very very promising right off the bat. Only being off by 5 fps says a lot. That is straight out of the box. I can see this thing making speed no problem. Again I want to stress that this is straight out of the box, we have done nothing else to it.

Curious to hear more about this after some tuning and maybe shot fully loaded. Hoping the thump and vibe are gone. Coming in 5 fps is pretty close. Not bad. Still not sure I'm ready to jump back to new breed yet. My xpedition has no thump or vibe and was 1-2 fps over ibo right out of the box. Wish there was a dealer within 150 miles of me.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
When I shot the SS at ATA I was really hoping to really like the bow. The draw cycle and feel of the bow in hand were really nice. The feeling at the shot, not so much. It had a jump and a buzz. I'm curious if John puts his strings on and a good tune that that is something that could go away. I really like the New Breed product, just don't like a few cosmetic things especially the cam's. The finish just doesn't look good and marks up quite easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
My bro and the owner of the shop he works at liked all of the New Breeds but the Blade SS. They said it was terrible on hand shock and vibs. One of their least favorites at the ata show.

·
Bow kill fanatic
2,316 Posts
I put some bow jax and stabilizer on and it soaked it up a decent amount but didn't take the full buzz out. It seems that it is the EL cam used and not the Blade itself. I say this because I was shooting two new GX2s back to back. One has the RL cam and one had an EL cam and the RL cam is butter smooth while the EL has a little thump to it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Shot the SS today. Favorite speed bow I've ever shot. Extremely smooth draw and very minor vibration on shot that was virtually eliminated with a stabilizer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think it's better than the Nitrum Turbo. Never shot an elite. To me the valley is very nice. With my old prime shift and athens solace they wanted to jerk my arm out of the socket on slow let down and the new breed was nice and smooth. I could relax a little and it didn't want to jump away from me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts