Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have my pro shop work up some new GT's for hunting season and am wondering about the Blazer vanes. Shooting a Turbotec @67lbs 28.5" with Tekan II's. Thanks for your help!

·
Ya hey
1,437 Posts
Disadvantages?

A friend of mine said he remembered something about a trade-off or downside to blazers that the pro shop mentioned, but he couldn't remember what it was. I need to refletch a bunch of arrows and I was thinking abouth them too. ATers seem to love them.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm gonna give em' a try too!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
excellent vane.

i really love the material theyre made out of................

ive punished them pretty badly and they still dont hate me for it!

nice weight and they steer a broadhead pretty nicely.

camoham

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
So that's it, they're lighter...nobody can come up with anything else?:confused:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I shoot out of a Whisk.Bis. and would really like the vanes to last a little better than the 4" Duravanes I've been using. Sounds pretty good..

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
I've got ICS Hunters done with 4" factory vanes, feathers I fletched, and Blazers I fletched.

One is as accurate as the other, but the blazers are far tougher, and I think they fly quieter than the 4" vanes. I KNOW they are much quieter than feathers. When my buddy shoots indoor 3-D you can hear his feathers for the entire flight of his arrows. I never hear my blazers.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
Creekhawg said:
I shoot out of a Whisk.Bis. and would really like the vanes to last a little better than the 4" Duravanes I've been using. Sounds pretty good..
Whisker biscuit, and Blazers.

Kenny, and Dolly

Bonnie, and Clyde

Soup, and sandwhich

Dean, and Jerry

Masters, and Johnson
(did I say that?)

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Blazers are good vanes....but I would go with Flex Fletch 300 swift. They are a low pro file vane that are great with mech heads. They are also as durable if not more so.

·
Addicted Elkhunter
2,240 Posts
My hunting seasons are over :mad: but while I was out there sitting around camp during the day. I pulled out some arrows with duravanes and AAE speed flyte vanes. I backed off to 40 yds and let er rip :) To my amazement both of these arrows hit 5" low compared to the blazers. I figure its because of the added weight and possibly more air drag in flight. What ever the case, blazers are awesome and they steer my 125gr Stinger 4 blades well enough that I can put 3 arrows in a 5" circle at 70 yds :) I shoot a biscuit and after 100's of shots you could never tell.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
fletching for arrows is really up to the person. i have shot all forms of fletching on my arrows and they have all flown just great. 3 inch low pros, 4 inch vanes, 4 inch feathers, 5 inch feathers and 5 inch vanes.

this year i had some Blazers put on a dozen 5575 Goldtip Pro Hunters. the reason i did this was to evaluate them for myself. you hear so many on here praising Blazers and i just had to try them.

so last night i shot them for the first time and i can say they work just great and they were very accurate. but i figured this would be the norm. i also found them to be quiet. i had heard they were a little noisey. i sure didnt notice them being noisey and i was shooting indoors. which you know makes things sound louder than they really are.

so i would say your GT and Blazers will be a good match. im also going to try shooting my Goldtip 30X Pros with blazers for Indoor...

Shoot Strong
Tony

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Blazers are my #1 requested fletching...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Blazers have been working great for me. I don't think you would be disappointed!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts