Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ultratech with a MZE. While shooting a Blazer fletched Beman Max-4 in the cock down position, I am getting contact on the rest. I talked to Muzzy and they had me move the nock position to a 1/8 -1/4" high. This eliminated the contact but I have now tuned the bow (bareshaft and grouping) and the contact has returned. My regular vanes are not making contact. Does anyone out there have any other ideas to get the Blazers working on a MZE?

I have a brand new drop zone sitting on my bench. I really do prefer the MZE for stalking as planned for next month's Elk hunt. Anyone having contact issues with Blazers on a Drop Zone?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
you might want to try turning your cock vane up and see if this could help

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not one bit.... My DropZone gets outta the way of everything... at first I thought I had some contact problems but soon figured out that it was some residue from my bag target that was on my arrows. it was being deposited on the launcher during the draw back...I'm a huge fan of the dropzone....

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I have had ZERO contact with my Drop Zone :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
You should shoot all drop rests with cock vane up. I haven't heard of anyone who does having any problems.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
curs1 said:
you might want to try turning your cock vane up and see if this could help
I would try this and see what happens.

I have the MZE on my XTECT, and also shoot the 2" blazers vanes. On mine, if my cock vain is up I will hit the rest, but on cock down it does not. So, I would try it turned up and see how it works.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
nolucklarry said:
You should shoot all drop rests with cock vane up. I haven't heard of anyone who does having any problems.
I have better luck with my cock vane down. That puts the other 2 up in the clear area above the rest. As long as the rest drops fast enough, there isn't any contact. Witt the cock vane up, the other 2 vanes are angled down at the sides of the rest. That's the way it is on my DZ anyway.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
ShadowAce said:
I have better luck with my cock vane down. That puts the other 2 up in the clear area above the rest. As long as the rest drops fast enough, there isn't any contact. Witt the cock vane up, the other 2 vanes are angled down at the sides of the rest. That's the way it is on my DZ anyway.
I agree.....I just set up a Switchback for a guy with a MZE and shooting cock vane down with Blazers, no problem. When I shot my MZE's I always shot cock feather down.
I would check your timing on your cams and your tillers or the timing on the rest......I assume you have the cam and a half system......go over to the Bow Tuning section and find Javi.......he is the Hoyt guru and he'll have you fixed up !

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Mze

I am also using a Muzzy on my Switchback. I am shooting blazers with the cock vane down, and do not hit. I tried all configurations, and ended up with cock vane down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts