Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havne't seen this post, nor could i find it in a search so i had to ask.

What are you guys shooting those Blazers at???

Right Offset, All Straight, Helical,,etc?

I was thinking that completly straight might work well, as well as an offset. I know I am not gonna try them as helical. I will be shooting mech heads and I would like to try these but I don't want to get them fletched until I know what style to fletch them for best performance.

If you use an offset, what degree do you use. Any input would be nice!

(btw, i DID do a search before this) :p

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I've been shooting them for over a year with great results and love them.
I use a straight offset. I have no idea as to degrees, I just set the jig as far as I could and still get the base of the vane on the shaft.

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
I fletch my Blazers with as much helical (RW) as I can fit on the arrow nd the base of the vane still firmly seated. Remember the helical wont look as much as a 4" vane.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Blazers

I shoot Beman ICS Hunters 400 with right helical. I shoot a Bodoodle and the vanes clear the rest with no contact. They fly great. Maybe next year I'll try the Axis arrows. I don't know if I could get the fletching clearance on a smaller diameter shaft. Getting close to hunting season now so I'll probably just shoot what I have. The Beman ICS arrows have always worked fine.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The four fletch I show in a recent thread has 2 degree of offset with a right helical clamp. I don't use left helical or offset because it will loosen points. For the short distances, I am planning to shoot with them though, I will make sure the arrows are absolutely bullet holing, if possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.