Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some 2'' blazers. I use a whisker biscuit rest and need to know if I should put them on straight, slightly offset, or helical? Which is most accurate out to 40 yards.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I shoot mine on a slight offset and I keep them about an inch and a quater from the point where the string locks into the nock. I would try to keep them as far back as you can without interferring with your faace to the bow at full draw.

·
32,712 Posts
I don't think it matters, the new Deluxe model handles all vanes and feathers with ease. I hear there is little if any wear on them with the new WB. What bothers me with the WB is follow thru. With a fall away you can get away with bow hand movement to a certain extent but the WB holds on to the arrow longer and if you move that bow hand to see how pretty the shot is you have messed up. I know, I'm good at it. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
bowhunter_2007 said:
right or left offset
I use a right offset with a slight helical because that is the gig I have. On the 2 inch blazers on a medium arrow shaft you will not have much unless you really bend it around. Oh I have shot a few arrows through a half inch plywood and it did not damage the blazers enough to refletch them.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Forgive me but how do you do a helical straight? Just the act of helicaling a fletch will cause it to go one side or the other. A helical is a twist you cannot have it straight. Now a straight offset is possible but with the short blazers there will be little to no difference.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
browningbowman8 said:
I fixed it for ya jack @$$ :angry:

Hey don't blow a gasket man just wondering how you made it work. Chill buddy. :smile:

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
rembrandt said:
I don't think it matters, the new Deluxe model handles all vanes and feathers with ease. I hear there is little if any wear on them with the new WB. What bothers me with the WB is follow thru. With a fall away you can get away with bow hand movement to a certain extent but the WB holds on to the arrow longer and if you move that bow hand to see how pretty the shot is you have messed up. I know, I'm good at it. :tongue:
Rembrandt, no rest will fix form problems. I understand what you are thinking and it makes sense to think that way but in my experience that isn't the case. Those fibers will blow right out of the way and are just as forgiving as anything.
I know you haven't been shooting the WB for more than a few days, so after you've given it a full test drive let me know if you notice any difference. I bet that you will find the WB as forgiving as any rest out there despite what some will tell you.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've been shooting the biscuit for almost a year and Iagree with Rembrandt. The fall-aways seem more forgiving than the biscuit.

·
Registered
825 Posts
fall away

Smokegrub said:
I've been shooting the biscuit for almost a year and Iagree with Rembrandt. The fall-aways seem more forgiving than the biscuit.

I second that :shade:

Larry

·
32,712 Posts
Meleagris1 said:
Rembrandt, no rest will fix form problems. I understand what you are thinking and it makes sense to think that way but in my experience that isn't the case. Those fibers will blow right out of the way and are just as forgiving as anything.
I know you haven't been shooting the WB for more than a few days, so after you've given it a full test drive let me know if you notice any difference. I bet that you will find the WB as forgiving as any rest out there despite what some will tell you.
I'm gonna give it some time but I sure am partial to the fall-a-ways. I think the TR Drop Zone spoiled me. It was the first fall-a-way I expieranced when returning to archery.

G

·
I put about a 3 degree right off-set in mine, that about 1/16" over the 2" length. I get perfect flight with a Bodoodle ProLite Rest and the 100 gr Thunderheads hit the same spot as the field points.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Righty Tighty

bowhunter_2007 said:
right or left offset
I believe you always want to go right so that the arrow will spin such that is it tightening the arrow to the broadhead. Left would loosen the arrow from the broadhead when it sticks into something solid.

Just my 2 cents.

Troy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts