Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,081 Posts
I used to fletch my Blazers straight, and, the last fletch job...I put a 1* right offset...either my scores have come up a tad higher because of the practicing I do, or, the 1* Blazer offset results, I'm not sure! :D

· Registered
3,023 Posts
I've got some Blazered arrows...I think they're straight..but when I had them fletched the shop didn't ask...

Does it make a difference?

Keith
...if your bow is not tuned well, then an "offset" can really help stablize the arrow after release...

...if your bow is tuned well, then a "straight" fletch can work quite well too...

...for BH's I like to fletch our customers arrows with an "offset" to help "spin" the shaft a bit after release...

...for Field points, either way works well from our overall experience...

· Registered
3,023 Posts
Looking at my arrows carefully...I would say now that they are slightly offset to the right...

Keith
...SWEET!!...then you are ready to head to the backyard, woods or 3D range and shoot with confidence!! :darkbeer:

...without the customer actually telling me they specifically want "this or that"...the way you have them is how I would have fletched them for the best overall performance :wink:

· Registered
867 Posts
One advantage to having at least a slight offset is that they will all be offset the same way (i.e. right for most of us). If you fletch them straight, there is the potential that with a little bit of slop you could have some with a very slight left offset and some with a very minute right offset. I go with a little right offset myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.