Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pro at my proshop said he was really surprised I like my new blazers becuase he has quit selling them. here is why. He said they don't fly well at all. He grabs one of my arrows and another arow and shoots them through paper. The blazer looks like damn judo had been shot through it and the other arrow looks perfect. I haven't been shooting the blazers very long so I don't have a great feel. anybody else have similar expirence.

Thanks, BG

·
Registered
501 Posts
no problem

I have been shooting them for a year and have been pleased. They are very light, very durable. Yours is the 1st post that I have seen that is negative. I will be interested to see what everyone else says

Mike

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Paper tears can be influenced by different grips on the bow. I can carefully hold the bow and get perfect tears with any bow I shoot, then grip the same bow with the same arrow and get a terrible tear by applying a little torque to the bow.

Your Archery shop guy doesn't happen to have brown eyes does he? If so it is because he is full of..........................................! My Blazers fly wonderfully and steer broadheads to the target perfectly!

Dick

·
Banned
910 Posts
Blazers are stiff and have a high profile, the arrow is spinning and the blazers are so tough they behave like blades on paper. More conventional vanes are softer and flex so much they give way to the paper.

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
i had been shooting quickspins and decided to try blazers ,to make a long story kinda short ,i had to replace the cord on my drop zone ,so i needed to retune my bow because you have to take the rest off to change the cord (hoyt bow) after shooting thru paper the tear told me i needed to move the rest to the right ,well after getting a decent bullet hole ,i tried shooting out at 20 yds, the arrows were WAY off to the left, before with the blazers they were just a hair higher than the quickspins. so i moved the rest back to were it was when i started and it's right on the money. the arrows fly good ,and they hit where i aim and with broadheads (thunderhead 85) they are also right on the money .for the price they can't be beat imo.:darkbeer:

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Beware of a salesman like him.

Sounds like he's scammin ya.

The new fletch he is pushing doesn't happen to be twice as expensive does it? :)

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I agree that this guy is full of crap! The blazers fly great. The Pro Shop i go to sells tons of these things. Why do you think other companies are now making the same type of vanes to copy the Blazers?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
grandpawrichard said:
Paper tears can be influenced by different grips on the bow. I can carefully hold the bow and get perfect tears with any bow I shoot, then grip the same bow with the same arrow and get a terrible tear by applying a little torque to the bow.

Your Archery shop guy doesn't happen to have brown eyes does he? If so it is because he is full of..........................................! My Blazers fly wonderfully and steer broadheads to the target perfectly!

Dick
Right on! That's funny!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I went out and shot some more tonight. My results were this.

4 or 5 arrows with feild points are flying great with no percivable problems.

All 3 of the arrows with Montecs on them are flying somewhat erractically.

I am going to keep them for now and try to spend the next few days going through the easton tunig guide step by step. I don't believe it is the vanes. I think his problem could be them hitting the cables. They are very close on m bowtech with the cock vane up. I am going to powder them and make sure they aren't rubbing.

I know there are other tuning thoughts as well, I am new to trying to do more than move my site so any suggestions are welcome.

I don't know the guy at the proshop well but I don't think he is in it for the money. I think it was he honest results he had had with them.

Thanks for all the replies. BG

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
blazer vanes

im glad i read this about blazers hitting botech cables. mine are right helical, and they do hit the cable, cock vane up, or down. if i turn it a little, it clears. would this matter if i did this, as long as i flecth vanes in line with broadheads. i shoot fixed 3 blade. any help out there ?:confused:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've had my arrows fletched with Blazers for 2 years now and have had zero problems.

BTW....if you can't get Blazers at your pro shop, I'm sure anyone here would be glad to get them for you or you can contact Bohning.

·
Registered
633 Posts
arrow head 147 said:
Clearence very important.
Vanes lined up with broadheads,not at all.
yep i agree 100% the days of lining up vanes or feathers with broadheads is long over with a properly tuned bow and straight arrows and spin test the broadheads they should fly like darts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Blazers Rock
no if's and's or Butt's.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
518 Posts
The bowtechs with infinity cams are kinda notorious for a lack of vane clearance.I can 't shoot cock feather up with my patriot,got to turn the nocks a little.Wound up shooting almost cock feather out.

Blazers are good vanes,easily as good as any 4" vane I've used and damn near as good as 4" feathers.

CB

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have had real good luck with Blazers as far as controling the arrows flight. I am having a hell of a time making them stick to arrows though. They fall off all the time. I have never had this problem with other vanes.

·
Registered
826 Posts
This guy does not know what he is talking about,I am shooting 2214 x7 and at 50 yrds my broadheads(muzzy 125gr. 4 blade) and field points are within 1 inch of each other,if this is how this guy thinks you might want to reconsider about dealing with this guy.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If You Can't Get Them To Stick Try Cleaning The Arrow Shaft Better, Or I Just Use Arrow Wraps . With The Wraps I Ve Never Had A Problem Keeping Them On. And It Make It Real Easy To Refletch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts