Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the blazers in the 4 fletch pattern? I am thinking about trying it this weekend. just curious.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Why

I only have shot the 3 vane pattern. The traditional guys at my club shoot 4 vanes with feahters. No real need for 4 vanes it just adds weight.

I switched this year to blazers and was amazed. Reduced some weight on my arrows and my groups also shrunk down. They are stiff and reliable. Great product.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fletch my arrows with blazer vanes and as much helical as I can put on them. I tried fletching an arrow with four blazer vanes. I didn't think it controlled the broadhead as well as a three vane configuration did. My guess is that the three vane setup did a better job of spinning the arrow. Just my two scents.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ive tried the 4 fletch against my 3...no difference at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used to shoot vanes that had a one degree offset and it was way too picky for broadheads. I don't really care if my arrow looses a few feet per second. I shot five broadheads the other night at forty yards. I had groups in the black dot of a block target at forty yards. I shot slick tricks, muzzys, montecs, dead heads and thunderheads. They all shot good. I am currently shooting a 380 grain arrow and 280 fps. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts