Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently use blazers and like them a lot, but i'm curious about the 2" fusion vanes. wondering of anyone has used both and if they were comparable. if one controlled bh flight any better than the other.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I like both

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The 3 inch Fusion is stiffer than Blazer. Thats way it work so good

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
The 3 inch Fusion is stiffer than Blazer. Thats way it work so good
Thanks

I am thinking maybe just going back to a softer longer vane. They should be more forgiving if I happen to hit a limb. I have never seen any advantage to a shorter, taller and stiffer vane myself. Is it a speed thing ?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Soft vane are the ones who make all the noise and don't have as much control as a stiffer vane. The only thing is they are harder to get to clear a rest with isn't a problem with a drop away rest.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Used them both , traded all my blazers for Fusions .

·
Registered
657 Posts
It doesn't matter how soft your vane is, if you hit a brach it will deflect. I like blazers. I think the fusions make a whirring noise. JMO

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
i been using blazer and predators fror the last 3 years, i just got some fusion vanes yesterday abd fleched 3 arrows up last night so i have'nt had a chance to shoot them , i didn't think the clear base on the fusion would make much differance but it does, you can clearly see how well your arrow is seated agains the shaft.any air pocket in yoy glue stands right out. soft base conforms to the shaft like no other vane that i have seen. the vane stiffness i would say falls between the blazer and predator vanes. these fusion vains are by far the easiest vanes i have fleched. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A soft vane lay over or look like a bent up car finder coming out of the bow loosing some of it steering and makes noise trying to get straighten out. If you ever get to watch a slow motion videos you can see this. The stiffer the vanes have less bent and wrinkle coming out of the bow, in flight and not loosing some steering and make less more noise. I have shot blazer for years and this year with Fusions sorry I had not had any noise with then. I did tried some 4 inch AEE softer vane with I have maybe 400 around home and they were noisy compared to Blazer or the Fusions and they didn't control may fixed broadhead any better if any thing not as good. My 50 yard 2 inch groups I was shooting was the same, but it the wind the Blazer and Fusion out performed the 4 inch AEE softer style vanes.

·
Excellence is tolerated.
2,985 Posts
I use Bohning Platinum adhesive and Bohning wraps and have had no problems whatsoever with the Blazers. I tried the Fusion vanes and they also worked well. I noticed no impact difference out to 60 yards. I couldn't tell any noise difference from behind the bow.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Used them both , traded all my blazers for Fusions .
Wanted to try them out so I contacted Bow hunter supply and they even divided them up according to what I wanted for my index vane so I got the right number of each, and yes they fly good and hold good.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
used blazers for year, then tried the fusions. The fusions fletch up a ton easier. As far as flight, with FPs they were the same at all distances I tried them at (out to 60 yards). Then put on broadheads (striker mag) and the fusions controlled the mags better at longer distances, say past 40 yards. So, all my arrows have fusions now.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had the opposite results compared to everyone else. I thought blazers controlled my slick tricks better than fusions. Maybe something else was wrong.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the input guys. maybe i'll try some fusions for next year. i gotta order more vanes either way so...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
just fletched 3 blazers 3 pedators. and 3 fusion last night.all shafts were cleaned and washed with warm water, and fletched with goat tuff. it 20 degrees here when i went out to shoot. lost 2 blazer vanes, 1 predator,and 0 fusion.all grouped the same.my guess as for vane loss more than likely due to the cold and a very stiff target.or maybe the fusion had alittle strech in their bases and took the shock better.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
What size fusions for eastons full metal jacket arrows ? 2 or 3 inch

1 - 20 of 21 Posts