Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I re-fletched all of my arrows. I removed 2" Blazers and installed 2" Blazers, only difference is I added more off-set. I think I have about as much off-set as is possible, and still get excellent contact to the arrow shaft. Upon shooting my "new" arrows, all are impacting higher, 20 yards is probably 8" higher, and all yardages follow suit. Is this to be expected, does more off-set raise the POI with all else being the same?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That doesn't seem right. More offset should cause the arrow to slow down faster as it goes down range. At 20 yards you might not even be able to tell the difference but as the range increases the arrow should impact lower. If you are hitting higher, and everything else is the same, I would have to guess you have fletching contact.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense, but I have changed nothing else. I am still right on as far as windage, just elevation is high. I will have a look at my vanes, looking for contact marks. I can't believe I am getting contatc though, as I wasn't before?

Thanks,
Brent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts