Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just getting ready to fletch up some arrows with some Blazer vanes and was in the General Discussion area doing some reading and came across a thread about Blazers and one guy said he used Mini's for target, 3D, and even hunting and that got me wondering. Does anyone else out there use Mini Blazers for hunting. I normally just use regular Blazers because I thought wind would affect the Mini's to much and also it would be kinda hard to get good broadhead flight. Let me know what you guys are using, Mini Blazers or regular Blazers. Who knows if I get enough good response about the mini's I just might have to give them a try this year because I think their easier to fletch and dont have to worry about clearance problems as much with your rest and cables.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
I imagine they would work good with epandables and broadheads around 1" but once you get any bigger heads you may have trouble steering them, but hey, I could be wrong because I have never tried them, to be sure, I would go with the 2", but if you like to try things out and experiment, go with the 1.5" and try 'em out!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I also thought of the same thing last season. I fletched them up and at 20,30 they were good. Beyound that I didn't like them, and went back to the 2 inch. They flew much better. I was useing a muzzy 100 grain 4 blade-1''

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also thought of the same thing last season. I fletched them up and at 20,30 they were good. Beyound that I didn't like them, and went back to the 2 inch. They flew much better. I was useing a muzzy 100 grain 4 blade-1''
Yeah, I was kinda thinking I'd run into that problem since I use G5 Strikers.

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Go with the regular Blazers - eliminate any doubt.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Mini blazers are designed for target and I don't think they would be a good choice for any broadhead setup.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I fletched a few arrows with four mini's @ 90 degrees. Using CE Maxima 250's at 28", and a 64# Guardian, 85 gr Magnus Stinger 4 bl, they flew perfectly. I switched to 100 gr Spitfires, still perfect, 85gr Montecs...perfect. I tested out to 35 yds only, and not much wind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts