Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I was sceptical of such a small vane's claim that it flew well with broadheads.

Earlier this year I had tried some with 3 fletches and 3 degree offset which flew great for field points but not so great with broadheads.

So I gave up on them untill someone told me to try helical so I tried a 3 fletch with Helical and had good broadhead flight out to 35 yards. But at 50 they were planing a little low(8inchs)....so once again went back to feathers.

Then tonight I tried some I fletched up with 4 fletchs and as much helical as I could get on them with my Jojan....

All I can say is WOW....Broadheads are hitting bang on out to 60 yards with my field points. I even shaved off a few vanes.

NOW the big decision....Feathers or Blazers which are both working GREAT???.:confused:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Both the Bohning Blazers and the newer Predator Vanes from Duravanes are awesome. I just don't see much of a reason for most folks to shoot the much longer traditional type vanes these days???

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Ive been hearing nothing but good things about htese vanes.

But if a 2" vane flys good on a shaft, A 4" vane can only make it better. Right?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not necessarily.It's all about applying drag to the rear of the arow and rotaion(which comes from the offset or helical).The blazer achieves the same drag as a 4 inch long vane because of it's higher profile and it's stiffer than most vanes on the market.I will be using them.That being said I still get a tad tighter groups with 4" feathers.I just hate fooling with trying to waterproof them.

CB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts