Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a roomy blind I can use with my 6 year old son. I dont need the best one out there but would like something with see thru mesh. I will be able to keep it out on my property so it will be brushed in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Blind

I just got an Ameristep Intimidator from Gander Mtn. for $200 it has an $80 rebate and was like $10 to ship and a $15 off code. Anyway grand total is around $120 for a pretty good blind. I also have a DB Dark Horse but wanted a cheaper one that I could leave setup without having to worry about being out $400 if it were to be stolen. I too got these blinds to hunt with my kids and can honestly say that they are great with kids. The Intimidator has the see through mesh and has the ability to have an opening all the way around the blind. It is the hub style with several features also built into it. If Gander Mtn. still has this deal available it will be hard to find a better blind for the $ in my opinion. Good luck and enjoy the time in the blind with your son, that time is priceless!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I was looking there too...They have some pretty cheap ones but I didnt check the size..Gotaa make sure its big enough for 2.

·
after that he's gone
1,684 Posts
I have the Ground Max blind from BP that is pretty good. I think I paid 100.00 on sale last year. My daughters and I hunted it quite a bit last year and had plenty of room, I only took one daughter at a time of course. The only thing I don't like is it leaks when it rains so I thru a piece of camo tarp over the top and was good to go.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I just got an Ameristep Intimidator from Gander Mtn. for $200 it has an $80 rebate and was like $10 to ship and a $15 off code. Anyway grand total is around $120 for a pretty good blind. I also have a DB Dark Horse but wanted a cheaper one that I could leave setup without having to worry about being out $400 if it were to be stolen. I too got these blinds to hunt with my kids and can honestly say that they are great with kids. The Intimidator has the see through mesh and has the ability to have an opening all the way around the blind. It is the hub style with several features also built into it. If Gander Mtn. still has this deal available it will be hard to find a better blind for the $ in my opinion. Good luck and enjoy the time in the blind with your son, that time is priceless!
Second

I have one & my 7 yr old son & I fit in it with plenty of room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts