Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only afford to buy one or the other this year, but I can't decide which is money best spent. It seems that the blind would be more versitile but I have never hunted deer from a blind and don't know how effective they are. Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
Well most tree stands are going to be cheaper then most blinds and an awful lot of deer have died as a result of hunters in trees?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I hunted from a ground blind Wednesday....the lead doe came in at 20 yards and locked up looking at the stand.....she calmed within a few minutes...

I went back to the same spot yesterday and hunted from a treestand....they walked right on buy me oblivious to me.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To add more details to my situation I am looking at buying a two man ladder stand, I am taking my little sister hunting and she just finished her hunter saftey course where they told how dangerous stands are so now she isn't sure if she wants to hunt from a stand or not. This is what is complicating my choice. She says she is willing to try the stand but I don't want to spend the money and then her not want to hunt.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Go get that girl a stand...

brian7.62 said:
To add more details to my situation I am looking at buying a two man ladder stand, I am taking my little sister hunting and she just finished her hunter saftey course where they told how dangerous stands are so now she isn't sure if she wants to hunt from a stand or not. This is what is complicating my choice. She says she is willing to try the stand but I don't want to spend the money and then her not want to hunt.
If you get a good quality buddy stand she will feel a s comfortable as if she were in her own bed. And if she doesn't I'm sure that someone on AT will buy the thing from you. Good luck and congrats on having the priviledge of taking a youngster hunting. Teach her right. You are truely blessed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts