Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blind that has a tear or two in it. Looking to cover them with pieces from another blind. I thought about using some type of glue but wasn't sure what kind would be best ? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
maybe some sort of spray adhesive?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought about the tape but wasn't sure it would hold up for long . Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go on ebay and find awning repair tape. It should work well for a blind. I haven't used mine since I repaired it but it looks like it's going to work well.

·
Oldschool Hunter
891 Posts
If you have patches, I'd use contact adhesive, its waterproof and will hold forever. Best part is you can buy a tube at the dollar store for a dollar.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used tarp repair tape on the inside and Goop Outdoorsman silocone on the exterior- this repair has held up well.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I used to fly stunt kites and repaired tears with lightweight nylon patches that you ironed on with a warm iron. They worked great and are still holding up. They should still be available at kite shops online.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I use iron on repair patches for fabric like you used on the knees of your jeans when you were a kid. Cut them into a circular shape to minimize the pointed edges and iron them on with someone holding a block of wood or similar on the inside. Once it cools I go around the edges with a product called- shoe goo. Also the gorilla brand duct tape is awesome, for a reaaly good hold iron it slightly as well. used that to patch a hole in the crotch of my sons waders and it actually held all season!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Because I am cheap and like fixing things I have repaired several blinds with rips/tears and broken poles. Over the course of 2 seasons I have tried various solutions and this is the best I have found so far. Get some camo Gorilla tape. I got mine at Home Depot it is the toughest tape out there and is weatherproof. Get some aquaseal or gorilla glue(both will work) Start with the blind collapsed and tape interior side of the rip first. Erect the blind and tape the exterior next. When your rips are taped up, put a bead of aquaseal or gorilla glue on the edges of all of the taped areas. This will ensure the tape sticks and no edges will peel up. The first blind I repaired I thoght multiple layers of tape would make the repair stronger but time has proven that a single well adhered application with the adhesive on the perimiter of the tape will hold best.

Here is are links to the products I use. I hope this helps!

http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=gorilla-tapecamo

http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=gorilla-glue

http://www.aquaseal.com/seam-seal.html

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
Go to any fabric store buy some camouflage material . get some 3m spray adhesive , spray the back side of the patch piece. spray the section of the blind to be repaired let it almost dry then press it on and leave some weight on it for 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Stich it up thats what I did just get heavy thread or stitch your patch in place

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I've used fishing string to stitch up holes in blinds, then cover with aquaseal to make it waterproof. A bigger hole and I would apply a patch but on small tears stitching and aquaseal works great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts