Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a lightly used Block Fusion F21 off of craigslist for $75, and have shot only field points into it so far. I was under the impression that they were supposed to be very easy to remove your arrows, at least that's what Jim Shockey advertises on his Block Fusion commercial. Anyways, I have found that to not be the case at all. It has been miserable removing my arrows from the target. I am shooting Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595s, which are .300" outer diameter, and the field tips that I'm shooting I believe are 5/16" diameter (.3125"). I took the grinder to the back to angle it to make removal easier because I was getting them stuck in my bag target.

Is there something that I can do to make removal easier? I plan on spraying my arrows down with lube and shooting some broadheads to loosen up the target a bit. Would it make a difference if I were to get a smaller/larger diameter field point? I also saw these on Cabela's, and the reviews were pretty good Slik Tip Field Points. Anyways, any advice would be much appreciated.

· Registered
6,857 Posts
spray a little armor all on the front of your arrow for easier removal

· Registered
443 Posts
It would a little bit, since the stop will have a tendency to close around it after the arrow get shot. I wish i could help you out on tips that would fit better, but i havent a clue on actual sizes... i just know mine work. I wouldnt reccomend grinding them though That would change the weight of the point, causing inconsistency between arrows.

bump...does the diameter of the field tip make a difference at all?

· Registered
630 Posts
Field tips should be the same or smaller diameter as your shafts. If they're a little smaller, the added ledge around the shaft will help slow the arrow down a little faster.

As you've discovered, if the tip is larger, you end up pulling a boat anchor when you remove it.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but haven't seen any posts on the subject. I had to grind these tips against the grain of the arrow, so I think the abrasion also makes it harder to pull out. Grinding them did help a bit, as before they would get stuck in my bag target and were impossible to pull out, which is why I wasn't too concerned with a few grains differences in the weight. The only thing I was really concerned about if I were to get a field tip smaller than the diameter of my shaft was that it may damage my shafts somehow, but haven't seen anything posted about this either. The closest diameter tip that I found smaller than my shaft is about .285" I believe, I'll keep you guys updated as to how they work. Thanks for the responses.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought I would let you guys know that I ended up getting the Gold Tip EZ Pull points fit to my arrows and they work great. Make it really easy to pull out the arrows without even lubing up the shaft (no pun intended). The points flare out a bit about halfway between the point and where it meets the insert, making the entry hold bigger than the diameter of the shaft, and they are tapered so it makes for easy removal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.