Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use this type of target to hang their 5spot or vegas targets on at home? I am looking for something better than a bag target to shoot spots10-15 yards at home. seems like the block style targets would be good and flat plus easy to pin up the paper targets but wasnt sure how long one would hold up. Im just shooting normal glue in tips in my fatboys...

· Registered
1,485 Posts
I have an 18" portable "Block" in my back yard. I shoot only 5-6 yds mainly practicing my form rather than scoring points. It works well for me and arrows pull nice and easy. Much handier than trying to rig a frame for a bag target. I just plop it down in one of my plastic patio chairs and I'm good to go. The layers are stacked parallel to arrow flight so there is very little tearing or hole poking. They basically "hug" the arrow to a stop.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
they are foam blocks from tractor supply that measure 1' X 1' X 18". they are solid and they hold up to field points. broadheads would wear it out a lot sooner though

· Registered
1,485 Posts
If I was lucky enough to find a Tractor Supply in Las Vegas :confused: what exactly would I ask for? Any idea what they use them for?

· Registered
2,046 Posts
yeah i think the closest one to you is bakersfield, california. talk to some companies who sell smaller trailers. they may be able to help you out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.