Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,140 Posts
People swear by Coleman Lanterns....I have not found a good light other than a high power flashlight. I have bought 2 different types of "blood tracking flashlights" and they are a gimic. They don't even work as well a regular flashlight.

· Registered
1,986 Posts
I like my Coleman Lantern. I made a shield out of aluminum that covers half of the globe-that way it directs the light straight out ahead of me when tracking deer. I haven't tried any of the blood tracking lights.

· Registered
2,005 Posts
LED maglite

Get an LED Maglite they make the blood stand out real well and if you get stuck on one part and the blood gets scarce, just pan the light ahead of you slowly and if you see something sparkle or reflect go up to it and it is going to be blood 90% of the time.

· Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,449 Posts
Coleman lantern is big and bulky but definitely worth the hassle. My bro-in-law shot one tonight. I ran back to town to get the latern. 20 minutes later we found the deer, the lantern really does help picking out the blood trail.

· Registered
254 Posts
After tracking two deer for hours last night at time finding only specks here and there yes the gerber bloodhound works great and really made it stand out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.