Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well my buddy shot an 8 pointer this morning at about 7:30 with a two blade rage. The arrow went about a foot in, and fell out of the deer when he took off. He waited an hour and a half and called me and we started tracking it. We mostly saw a blood trail like the pic (just a pic i found on google images to compare) and we followed it for a good 150+ yards till we lost any sign at all. Anyways the last blood we saw was about 15-20 yards from a road with woods on the other side, has anyone ever had to track a deer across a paved road? We just got permission to go on the other side and i just wanted to know if a wounded deer would cross a road where "humans" go? Its also 85 degrees so time is crucial!
-Thanks

Attachments

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,589 Posts
Yep....I've tracked across pavement a couple of times. Best of luck finding the deer!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I once help a frien track one through somes backyard. That was fun.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I've tracked a few that crossed pavement. A couple walked the edge for aways before they crossed. One walked the edge but never made it, piled up in the drain ditch. Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've found that a road is a good place to pick up a lost blood trail. Provided its not traveled that much. Good luck finding the deer........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts