Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i just wanted to share with you the picture of the blood trail from my last deer shot with slick tricks it was a doe and she still made it about 15 yds past this. I love sick tricks u can see why but i am swiching broadheads this year to the nap killzones. Just want to try something new.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would you consider this the red carpet treatment?:wink:

·
I like shiny stuff.
4,546 Posts
Wow. Heart shot?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Double loung and i just barely hit the heart.

·
Registered
13,108 Posts
nice...i am also going from tricks to the kill zone, i hope it is more durable than its counter part

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did not die there i found her 15 yds from that spott

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
:mg: jeeepers , that hurt ! And you want to change ?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Looks like it just bedded or died there to me. I wouldn't consider that a blood trail.
I agree. The deer laid there a while, then maybe got up, wandered a few yards and dropped. I shoot tricks, and both deer I shot this year went less than 50 yards. The first went maybe 20 yards. Both double lung. Initial trail for the first 10 yards was sparse. Any head will do this if the lung cavity needs to fill a bit before "red carpet". In my experience, the deer were dead before that really happened. If they lived longer/traveled farther, the blood would be everywhere. I shot a buck with a Grim Reaper, and the blood was everywhere from impact to carcass, BUT, that buck really freaked when the arrow hit him. He threw himself on the ground, rolled around, snapped the arrow, got up and ran 25 yards and died. The second or two he was acting like that, he could have covered a lot of distance if he just hauled ass before the blood came. It's just anecdotal, but something to think about. What really impresses me with the Tricks is super-durability, good flight (less affected by form or less than perfect tune), very sharp blades, price, and 4-bladed heads.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thats not a blood trail thats a blood highway. Doesnt look like she was hit with a broadhead looks like she was hit by a train

1 - 13 of 13 Posts