Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a good bit of blood been going for 500 yards now had to back off tonight how far do they go wounded ??

·
Liv4Rut
7,332 Posts
500 yards is pretty far. Did you spook it after you shot it? normally when they are hit hard and not chased they go to the nearest brush pile and hunker down. I have never had a mortally wounded bird go more than 75 yards that I allowed to walk off on own. I have made the mistake of jumping out of blind where they fly and go a long ways and die though. I found its best to sit put.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree with Miked989, not much of a blood trail. Usually they die quick or you have a few feathers as a momento. They are incredibly tough and a poor shot pretty much assures you will not find the bird. They head to the thickest nastiest cover they can find and die there.
Out here it they are turning into pests. Lots of turkey's everywhere and pretty easy to get permission to hunt them with a bow.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
yote grabbed it and is running away!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I did go right after him rookie mistake I guess I'm heading back out this morning I'll let you all know if I find it thanks .

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you didn't hear the death flaps its probably gone. Never had one go more than 30 yards most dont make it 10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts