Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot the Bloodrunner yesterday. Tested shooting it in a Rinehart RFT target that's been out all winter here in Minnesota. The broadhead held up well for a mechanical. I shot the same one four times and really, besides the blades being dull, a small screw needed tightened. But, I shot this mechanical four times and it's still in good shape. Maybe not for hunting, new blades would be nice, but definitely practicing and small game if needed.

And the cutting diameter was huge on entrance. You could easily see how much the blades opened up on impact. Way bigger than the closed cutting diameter. It's basically a fixed 1-inch and then as it enters a target, increases to 1.5-inch plus. I pushed it through the target and pulled it out, which might not even be recommended, but the broadhead was still OK. I'd recommend pushing it through if you can. probably easier on the design. Pulling the arrow out, rather than pushing it, probably caused the loose screw. The exit cutting diameter was also over 1.5-inch. The design seems to definitely allow pressure, to deploy those blades.

Flew great. Very close to my field points I'm shooting now and I was shooting a different arrow.

anyways, for what it's worth I think the Bloodrunner is definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thanks for the review! I've been really curious about this new design, was not sure it would fly well. Sounds like it does a good job.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
It is my understanding there are no replacement blades available for these? Can anyone confirm? I've thought about giving them a go, but with no extra blades, thats an awfully expensive "disposable" head (yes I know they can be resharpened, but I prefer fresh)

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shot it at 20 and 30 yards. I'll try 40 and 50 this week. At 30 yards, it was flying great out of my Guardian.

Good to hear something about this broadhead, it is on my short list to try. How far did you shoot this head?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Does it fly like a field point? Can you sight in with the field points then shoot the broadhead, will it hit the same spot?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not sure, my bow is tuned right now to different arrows I use for 3-d shooting and not the hunting arrows I was testing the bloodrunner with.

Honestly, that's the least of my worries. Broadheads with blades exposed do not need to have the same impact point as my field points. It would make sense that they have different flying characteristics.

if all it takes to get broadheads to hit my aiming point is a simple vertical adjustment, I'm one happy camper. Of course, as long as my center shot is set accurately and I"m getting an acceptable paper tear and arrow flight. If I'm getting a good tear and I know my bow is shooting a straight flying arrow, yet my broadhead tipped arrows are grouping higher or lower than my field points, I could care less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts